RE: Environment Settings

On Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:48 AM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
1) Set "PermitUserEnvironment yes" in sshd_config.
2) Put "ENV=$HOME/.kshrc" in ~/.ssh/environment on the server.
3) Put your public key in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the server.
4) In ~/.kshrc on the server, put:

case $(hostname) in
host1) barney=rubble;;
host2) barney=block;;
esac

Yes, that's the hint! It works.
In my environment, the 'ENV=$HOME/.kshrc' is critical, otherwise it does
not work.
Thanks again for your time and guide.

Regards,

Jialing Liang
Jialing.liang@xxxxxxx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: TIPS FOR THE NEWCOMER
    ... As long as the private key is readable by the ssh client when it comes ... When the ssh client connects to the server, ... private key which matches the public key. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: SSL certificates and keys
    ... Is the server's public key contained in the ... Or it's only the ciphersuite that client and server ... and the certificate is used only for server ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Cryptography and Site Security: Please critique my security idea
    ... get direct access to the server whether ... The public key for each user's private key is stored on an internal ... upload the public keys in to applciation memory. ... this now decrypted key "A" will be used to decrypt the ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Debian SSH server configuration
    ... I would like to configure a Debian server to only allow clients to ssh ... I don't want any client computers to be able to ssh into ... It sounds like what you are asking for is host based authentication, ... where the server check to make sure that it has the host public key ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Security - ciphers - autentification
    ... is a web server on the firewall or on a trusted, ... firewall. ... > throw filrewall (and process 'real' autentification). ... Communication with services is done by public key ...
    (SecProg)