GSSAPI MIC check

Hi List!

I'm having some trouble SSH:ing from FreeBSD systems to Linux systems
using GSSAPI authentication. The sshd on the server complains with
"GSSAPI MIC check failed".

It appears that this has been mentioned before, as evidenced by
<http://osdir.com/ml/network.openssh.general/2006-12/msg00046.html>,
but I cannot seem to find a conclusion to that thread, so please
excuse me if I'm bringing this up again needlessly.

Does anyone know why this is and/or how to solve it? I find it quite
annoying. If noone has a clue, I'll do some debugging myself, but I
suspect the problem to lie deeply in some Kerberos library and that it
will take me quite some time to get anywhere, so if someone already
knows, that would help me out a lot.

Fredrik Tolf

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Trying to build 8.0 Headless Installation Disk
    ... the logistics of remotely rebuilding several FreeBSD systems. ... If one could get some sort of sshd server going ... the install could be directed over the ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: pam_krb5: unable to get PAM_KRB5CCNAME, assuming non-Kerberos login
    ... Russ Allbery writes: ... ticket cache setup if pam_krb5 was the one doing the authentication. ... If you're doing GSSAPI authentication to sshd, this is normal, since sshd ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: pam_krb5: unable to get PAM_KRB5CCNAME, assuming non-Kerberos login
    ... It means that the pam_krb5 auth stack either never ran or failed, ... ticket cache setup if pam_krb5 was the one doing the authentication. ... If you're doing GSSAPI authentication to sshd, this is normal, since sshd ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • login, telnetd not updating utmp etc on -CURRENT
    ... I've noticed on recent versions of -CURRENT that utmp, wtmp and lastlog aren't being updated by login and telnetd; however, sshd still seems to be working as expected. ... This is happening on both my systems so I'm guessing it's not something weird that I'm doing I've only noticed this recently as prior to a few days back I'd only been using sshd on my FreeBSD systems, ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: GSSAPI MIC check
    ... using GSSAPI authentication. ... The sshd on the server complains with ... Which Kerberos libraries are you using on either side of the connection. ...
    (SSH)