Re: Privilege separation user sshd does not exist

[snip]

Are you using shadow passwords? If so, did configure file getspnam()?
You can add a debug at the bottom of auth-passwd.c:sys_auth_passwd()
before the return to make sure that the encrypted password values are
what you expect.

Also, there might be something earlier in the debug output so take a
close look at it.

That helped a bunch. The debug helped me to see that the password was
not matching. Lo and behold I had a shadow file defined with a
hand-entered line for this user, even though shadow passwords were not
being used. I cleared this file and I was able to authenticate the user
just fine.

Now I'm having problems with configuring the pty for this user. Can you
give me any tips here?

Relevant Pages