Re: Privilege separation user sshd does not exist

Dallas Clement wrote:
[...]
Now I'm having problems with configuring the pty for this user. Can you
give me any tips here?

Make sure you have /dev/pts mounted (if you have devpts configured in your kernel) or that you have the pty device nodes in /dev/ (if you don't have devpts in your kernel). It's been a while since I had to do the latter, but "cd /dev && ./MAKEDEV pty" will probably do it.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [9fans] directly opening Plan9 devices
    ... A judgement call, no doubt. ... But the list of failings doesn't seem ... I'd say that having a /dev pre-built into the kernel ... And inadequate. ...
    (comp.os.plan9)
  • Re: udev and devfs - The final word
    ... The kernel associates the device with a device ... proc /proc proc rw 0 0 ... devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0 ... why was this strange format invented in the first place? ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: kernel problem
    ... # cat /proc/mounts ... proc /proc proc rw 0 0 ... devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0 ... And I have ext3 support built static into the 2.4.22 kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Privilege separation user sshd does not exist
    ... don't have devpts in your kernel). ... I've also got a pty device defined: ... error: openpty: No such file or directory ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: X, devfs and shell (fu2 comp.os.linux.development.system)
    ... >> I just added devfs support in my kernel, and everything works fine, ... > is a mount point for a devpts pseudo filesystem. ... > not sure if you still need to mount devpts on top of devfs, ... I removed devpts from the kernel and it worked fine. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)