Problems with cross-compiled OpenSSH

Hello All,

I have successfully cross-compiled OpenSSH, but when I try to start the
sshd process on my target system, it complains as follows:

/home/dallas/openssh_install/etc/sshd_config: No such file or directory.

Sure enough, that directory does not exist because that is where the
makefile installed the files on the host from which I did the
cross-compilation from. The path should have been '/etc/sshd_config'
instead. It looks like the incorrect path is somehow embedded in the
sshd executable.

I am configuring openssh as follows for cross-compilation:

./configure --prefix=/home/dallas/openssh_install \
--with-zlib=/home/dallas/zlib_install \
--with-ssl-dir=/homd/dallas/openssl_install \
CC=i686-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc

If I do a make and then a make install, the various config files are
installed to /home/dallas/openssh_install/etc

However, I would like for the various executables to look for the config
files in the /etc directory on my target system. Does anyone know how to
do this properly?

I can see that there is a --sysconfdir option, which if I set
to /etc/ssh, the make install will try to install the config files to
that directory on my cross-compiling host system which I do not want!!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problems with cross-compiled OpenSSH
    ... I am configuring openssh as follows for cross-compilation: ... If I do a make and then a make install, the various config files are ... files in the /etc directory on my target system. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Problems with cross-compiled OpenSSH
    ... I am configuring openssh as follows for cross-compilation: ... If I do a make and then a make install, the various config files are ... files in the /etc directory on my target system. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: no Hello World!!
    ... I want to use my "shiny" eclipse environment running ... on FC6 to write programs for it. ... locations) must fit the situation on the target system. ... you have to devote a directory in which to install ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: cant copy files from newly added workstation - "path too deep"
    ... Explorer freezing when copying just a few simple files (no ... Does not matter what the target system runs - can't copy ... to XP nor 98 computers. ... security on files (as after install - default used - all ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.new_user)
  • Listdsi scppeenu on zOS 1.7
    ... So I am installing zOS 1.7. ... and I select I - Install and the order number. ... When I restart the target system, I again get the same error when trying to ... agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)