SFTP and umask

The umask for sftp on my server appears to be 066, which doesn't allow httpd to read the files for web service. Does any one know how to change the umask for sftp?

I have scoured the web and this list for help. I have noticed a patch available that adds some functionality, but I would rather not have to uninstall and compile OpenSSH myself.

RHEL ES v 4
OpenSSH 3.9

Drew Boone
waboone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sftp file transfer log
    ... openssh does not support sftp transfer logging. ... > Do you know how to turn on SFTP file transfer log? ... environment to the sftp-server subsystem. ... log("setting file creation mode to 0666 and umask to %o", ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • SUMMARY: SFTP and umask and enhanced security (only using shadow passwords)
    ... After moving to use shadow passwords, our sftp users now end up creating ... In /etc/profile the umask is set to 022. ... Enhanced security changes the default umask to 077 ...
    (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
  • Re: sshfs and permissions
    ... the server side umask On the remote computer the SFTP subsystem ... You should therefore be able to set the umask for sftp ... via the usual wrapper script and get the umask that you want." ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: SFTP and umask
    ... Did you get any solution on changing the umask for files you are ... Drew Boone wrote: ... The umask for sftp on my server appears to be 066, ... to uninstall and compile OpenSSH myself. ...
    (SSH)