using ssh authentication with sudo

there is a number of ways I could be missing something obvious so I apologize in advance.

My idea is should be possible to grant sudo access with your ssh credentials. the logic is that once the server has granted access to a client based on its ssh keys, it should be possible to use the same authentication to grant sudo privileges. After all, if a key pair is good enough to get you into one machine, why isn't it good enough to grant you the full Monty?

Assuming that it is, how could a local program determine that the process it is running in has done so via ssh key authentication. Would it query the agent directly? Would it be able to use agent forwarding? Or is this a really bad idea that I should just give up on?

---eric

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: How can black holes evaporate?
    ... > gravitational field, even though its escape velocity is faster than ... > light (and light-speed gravitons), ... > black hole takes forever to form. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Wachstumssaison Flieder
    ... Handbreit über dem Boden. ... "Fliederkrimi" am Samstag halten heute meine Nerven nicht aus. ... Dorothee ...
    (de.rec.garten)