Re: graceful ssh key management

At 5:57p -0400 on 17 MAy 2007, Andrew Raphael wrote:
On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 01:14:44AM -0400, Kevin Hunter wrote:
This means that the client must have four separate private keys, one
each for each server.

Says who? Just use one private/public key pair for all 4 servers.

So, it's a simplified example and certainly a single key set will work,
but in the actual enactment, there are reasons that I need multiple
keys. The answer that I was looking for is to setup separate keys for
each host in the ssh_config.

Thanks though,

Kevin

Relevant Pages

  • public/private key - still able to use keyboard-interactive login
    ... I have set up a private/public key pair and have inserted the public ... key into my server in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys. ... ability to use the keyboard-interactive login. ... PermitRootLogin no ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Public key - still able to log in without key
    ... I have set up a private/public key pair and have inserted the public ... key into my server in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys. ... ability to use the keyboard-interactive login. ... PermitRootLogin no ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • gdm hangs
    ... gdm will hang 9 of 10 times when logging out. ... with or without the client having been connected to the Server. ... # Timed login, useful for kiosks. ... Must output the chosen host on stdout, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • problem with sendmail in solaris 9
    ... names that should be exposed as from this host, ... # save Unix-style "From_" lines at top of header? ... # work recipient factor ... # SMTP STARTTLS server options ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Add new cluster and use existing LUNs?
    ... Storport driver and Powerpath on all of our SAN host servers so we are trying ... In the end I think that I may play it cautious and create a new RAID group, ... > varied activity (DBMSes, Messaging Server, File Server, Web Servers, ... Some of the physical spindle limitations can be addressed through the SAN ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)