I've got a couple of servers, which have started kicking me out of the ssh connection just after I enter the correct password, basically I get prompted for the password, then immediately the following message appears;
"Read from remote host web01.ms.sti.local: Connection reset by peer
Connection to web01.ms.sti.local closed."
Obviously, as far as I know, ssh was working fine on these servers, no-one else has made changes, and these servers are not internet connected, nor running yum or up2date etc.

I run the command with "ssh -vvv" and got the debug output to the command line, however the bit where I get disconnected was;
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
debug3: channel 0: status: The following connections are open:
#0 client-session (t3 r-1 i0/0 o0/0 fd 4/5 cfd -1)

debug3: channel 0: close_fds r 4 w 5 e 6 c -1
Read from remote host web01.ms.osti.local: Connection reset by peer
Connection to web01.ms.osti.local closed.
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr

I can provide the full client and server debug log if anyone thinks it might help.

Any ideas on what has gone wrong here? (I have checked duplex settings and other accessible networking settings, but am stumped)

Thanks,

Tom

  • Re: ssh communication issue
    ... But, when we ssh from the internet, there are long pauses where i/o is not displayed/echoed to the screen on our Debian servers. ... (During the connection process, SSH looks up your remote machine's name via reverse DNS lookups. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: 360 Slim ships today, on sale this week(!)
    ... router is negligible compared to a home router to game servers. ... person will experience on an 802.11g network. ... scaling to maintain a connection with a weak signal) don't include the ... hey, El Stupido, we're talking about wireless being faster than the wire ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Help me with shared XP Prof.
    ... >Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: ... > Master browser name is: ... > 2 backup servers retrieved from master COMP_3 ... Let's see what we know from these 3 computers. ...
  • Re: Network Connectivity Problem
    ... I am having a network connectivity problem with a number of Windows ... All servers are virtualised on VMWare ESX 2.5 ... I could not figure out why the network connection was ...
  • Re: o2 xda mini s - gprs settings
    ... Settings> Connections> ... Advanced Button> Servers tab "Use specific server address" ... Enter name for the connection "My O2 Connection" ... Existing Connections and then Tap Edit (if this isn't present then tap 'Add ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)