Re: OpenSSH MacOSX bug? (invalid name was supplied)

Update: after configuring the ssh daemon on the ubuntu box to accept ssh1
connections, I am to use ssh in both directions. Still no luck with ssh v2.

kirill wrote:

Same thing here. I've had some luck downgrading to ssh version 1 (i.e.
use ssh -1 server), although this works only when connecting to the mac
box from the linux one, but not vice versa. This problem went away
after I set up my WiFi router to the linux box by default. Not sure
about causality here. But upgrading the firmware on the router broke
this again (Netgear MR814v2).

Paul Reilly-3 wrote:

I am using MacOSX client

Client Version: OpenSSH_4.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7l 28 Sep 2006

connecting to either debian or Ubuntu OpenSSH server...

Server Version:
OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-8, OpenSSL 0.9.8c 05 Sep 2006

Everything works fine if connecting from MacOSX to internet
hosts, but any hosts (eg Debian Etch server) on my local LAN
which uses private IP space (192.168.1.x) fails with client
error:

debug1: An invalid name was supplied
Cannot determine realm for numeric host address

  • Re: Cant log in as anything but root via SSH
    ... debug1: Connection established. ... Remote protocol version 2.0, ... Are you sure you're connecting to the correct machine? ... $ssh root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: SSH
    ... I'm connecting from different network eth0 is ... Subject: SSH ... your logged in username is the same as the SSH valid username then you ... Your FC5 SSH server has users john, mary, steve, and paul. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re[2]: anonymous ssh forwarding
    ... >> ssh server so that ssh server 'thinks' that I'm connecting from home? ... > So my approach is to find out how can I set something up on my home freebsd machine so that connecting to some port on it, it connects to www server ssh port. ... You could build up a VPN between your home and your ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: OpenSSH MacOSX bug? (invalid name was supplied)
    ... I've had some luck downgrading to ssh version 1 (i.e. use ... connecting to either debian or Ubuntu OpenSSH server... ... Server Version: ... hosts, but any hosts on my local LAN ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Q: paramiko/SSH/ how to get a remote host_key
    ... I am connecting from a WindowsXP SP2 machine. ... SSH client, if you connect for the first time then you get somethign ... host_key the first time it connects to a remote SSH server. ...
    (comp.lang.python)