Re: OpenSSH MacOSX bug? (invalid name was supplied)

Same thing here. I've had some luck downgrading to ssh version 1 (i.e. use
ssh -1 server), although this works only when connecting to the mac box from
the linux one, but not vice versa. This problem went away after I set up
my WiFi router to the linux box by default. Not sure about causality here.
But upgrading the firmware on the router broke this again (Netgear
MR814v2).

Paul Reilly-3 wrote:

I am using MacOSX client

Client Version: OpenSSH_4.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7l 28 Sep 2006

connecting to either debian or Ubuntu OpenSSH server...

Server Version:
OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-8, OpenSSL 0.9.8c 05 Sep 2006

Everything works fine if connecting from MacOSX to internet
hosts, but any hosts (eg Debian Etch server) on my local LAN
which uses private IP space (192.168.1.x) fails with client
error:

debug1: An invalid name was supplied
Cannot determine realm for numeric host address

  • Re: SSH Connects for me only sporadically.
    ... Now the server is behind a wireless router, ... port has a non standard external port number. ... ssh, and I get the same results. ... Connecting with ssh on the local lan at home works fine every time. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Linux 2.4 TCP Performance Problem?
    ... bandwidth between the affected hosts with iperf and it is> 90Mbit. ... > From Server A, I'm generating a stream of data that is extremely ... > are multiple clients connecting to Server A, ... > more of the clients. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Q: paramiko/SSH/ how to get a remote host_key
    ... I am connecting from a WindowsXP SP2 machine. ... SSH client, if you connect for the first time then you get somethign ... host_key the first time it connects to a remote SSH server. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: I cannot browse websites with IE6 or FireFox after sometime
    ... the IP address from a HOSTS lookup or from dnscache you might ... if the reverse lookups done for the two server addresses fail. ... that could be symptomatic of a problem connecting to your DNS ...
  • Re: sshd broke after I change IP subnet address on server
    ... I was connecting ... >> with ssh until I changed the address to a different subnet. ... >> and the server on a switch with both configured on same subnet. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)