SSH Public Key Query

Hi

My SSH Version - OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004

I have a query regarding public keys in SSH file transfers.

"Can a single public key be shared with multiple client systems to
establish file transfers between the server and the clients ?"

I have a source system and six different destination system. Can I
create one single private key and public key in the source system and
share the public key with all the six destination systems ? Appreciate
your earliest response. Thanks.

Regards

Sankarlal Hariram

Global Markets - Systems Development
Standard Chartered Bank
Office: +65 6331 2985

Email: Sankarlal.Hariram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
______-____________________________________

This email is confidential. If you are not the addressee tell the sender immediately and destroy this email without using, sending or storing it. Emails are not secure and may suffer errors, viruses, delay, interception and amendment. Standard Chartered PLC and subsidiaries ("SCGroup") do not accept liability for damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Protecting private keys...
    ... >share your public key. ... Alice has an account on an SSH client, ... and an SSH keypair?). ... to allow Alice access to his account for file transfers. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SSH Public Key Query
    ... "Can a single public key be shared with multiple client systems to ... Please consider that you must not mix up the public key of the source system with the public keys of the destination systems. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Protecting private keys...
    ... >share your public key. ... This user is trusted to make file transfers to a server S you control, ... Is the keypair you mention for the user to authenticate themself to S? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Encryption for group
    ... >> that one public key. ... I'm not sure that PGP implements exactly ... > several corresponding private keys, ... mentioned possibility of one single public key and several ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Encryption for group
    ... the OP way saying, if I read correctly, that he desired ... > to have only one single public key but a number of private ... > keys that could all work with that one public key. ...
    (sci.crypt)