Re: Question on SSH hang on exit when running Java background process

YU Jiazi wrote:
hi, all

I'm not sure if i should ask this question in this maillist, i am sorry
if this mail bothered you. :)

My problem is that my SSH client hang on "exit" if I run a java program
as a background process.
Here is the sample java program:

Your program still has descriptors for stdin, stdout and stderr open and
sshd is waiting for them to close. Either have your program close those
descriptors or redirect them to /dev/null. You probably also want to
use "nohup" to prevent the program from exiting on SIGHUP.

nohup java -cp . Test </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 &

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.