Re: X11Forwarding problem on Solaris.

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007, Staffan Persson wrote:
The problem seem to occur when I am an ordinary user which is not the owner
of the executable file I try to run. When I logon as the file owner then
everything works just fine.

I guess it has nothing to do with the owner of the executable, but
with the fact that ~user1/.Xauthority (where user1 is the username
you use to ssh) is not accessible once you change user to user2.
That is if you ssh as user1, and then switch to a different user
account, you cannot access ssh-forwarded X-channel created for user1.

Alternatively, it can be the case that xauth is not in PATH once you
connect as a different user.

Try to `ssh -v' and search web for ``ssh xauth''

--
Regards,
ASK

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NX authentication error
    ... shipped key from server to client. ... when I login via nxclient, after pass steps Connected, download ... problem is with USER1 account. ... nxuser only creates an ssh tunnel. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: NX authentication error
    ... when I login via nxclient, after pass steps Connected, download ... problem is with USER1 account. ... nxuser only creates an ssh tunnel. ... NX> 502 ERROR: Public key authentication failed ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: "su" to a non-superuser account
    ... > do su from root to user1 I don't require any password. ... put the public keys from users that need to start these processes in the ... they can then do an ssh to the local system using the -l switch to point ... ssh -l procuser -c "$killproc" localhost ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hpux)
  • Re: NX authentication error
    ... shipped key from server to client. ... when I login via nxclient, after pass steps Connected, download ... problem is with USER1 account. ... nxuser only creates an ssh tunnel. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ssh and su
    ... define commands that user1 can execute as root to the /etc/sudoers ... I am not allowed to use sudo ... ... execute command as root using ssh ...
    (comp.security.ssh)