Re: X11Forwarding problem on Solaris.

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007, Staffan Persson wrote:
The problem seem to occur when I am an ordinary user which is not the owner
of the executable file I try to run. When I logon as the file owner then
everything works just fine.

I guess it has nothing to do with the owner of the executable, but
with the fact that ~user1/.Xauthority (where user1 is the username
you use to ssh) is not accessible once you change user to user2.
That is if you ssh as user1, and then switch to a different user
account, you cannot access ssh-forwarded X-channel created for user1.

Alternatively, it can be the case that xauth is not in PATH once you
connect as a different user.

Try to `ssh -v' and search web for ``ssh xauth''

--
Regards,
ASK