Limits on passphrase for ssh-agent?
- From: "Michael D. Berger" <m.d.berger@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:51:30 -0400
On FC4 using openssh-4.2p1-fc4.1, I have
generated RSA keys with ssh-keygen, copied them
to a Win2k box, imported them into Putty, and
successfully used them. Now I tried to import
the original private key on the Linux box into
an ssh-agent with ssh-add. I enter the passphrase
with the mouse copy-and-paste capability and the
passphrase is rejected as bad. (I do the same
thing successfully on the Win2k box.) Could it be
that some characters should be disallowed from the
passphrase? Now, I allow characters:
if(isgraph(ch) && (ch != '\'')) . Should there be
further restriction? What else might be the
Thanks for your help.
Michael D. Berger
- Prev by Date: X11Forwarding problem on Solaris.
- Next by Date: ssh's vpn
- Previous by thread: X11Forwarding problem on Solaris.
- Next by thread: Re: Limits on passphrase for ssh-agent?