openssh-4.2p1-chroot on Tru64 Unix 5.1b
- From: "Mat C" <chai52@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 07:09:21 +1000
I am trying to setup openssh-4.2p1-chroot (obtained from
http://chrootssh.sourceforge.net ) on an Alpha server running Tru64
Unix 5.1b. I have created a chroot area and it is working correctly
when I run "chroot /path/to/chroot /bin/sh" , but when my chroot user
logs in via ssh they are not chrooted. I have checked that the source
code is patched, the user is connecting to the patched daemon, and
that the users home directory is configured with a "dot" in it.
During my debugging I have noted that the do_setusercontext function
from session.c is not being called when I login. As far as i can
tell, this is because the post-authentication part of privsep is not
supported on Tru64. Is anyone able to advise if this seems correct,
and if so is there a recommended alternate place in the code to
perform the chroot?
Any assistance is appreciated and please advise if further information
is required. Cheers.
- Prev by Date: Re: PubkeyAuth disallowed for root only?
- Next by Date: Re: PubkeyAuth disallowed for root only? - solved
- Previous by thread: PubkeyAuth disallowed for root only?
- Next by thread: X11Forwarding problem on Solaris.