openssh-4.2p1-chroot on Tru64 Unix 5.1b

Hi,

I am trying to setup openssh-4.2p1-chroot (obtained from
http://chrootssh.sourceforge.net ) on an Alpha server running Tru64
Unix 5.1b. I have created a chroot area and it is working correctly
when I run "chroot /path/to/chroot /bin/sh" , but when my chroot user
logs in via ssh they are not chrooted. I have checked that the source
code is patched, the user is connecting to the patched daemon, and
that the users home directory is configured with a "dot" in it.

During my debugging I have noted that the do_setusercontext function
from session.c is not being called when I login. As far as i can
tell, this is because the post-authentication part of privsep is not
supported on Tru64. Is anyone able to advise if this seems correct,
and if so is there a recommended alternate place in the code to
perform the chroot?

Any assistance is appreciated and please advise if further information
is required. Cheers.

Regards,
Mat Chai

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Chrooted ftpd users cant access system time.
    ... I use /etc/ftpchroot to chroot the users but i don't think i should be forced to link a file into each users home directory. ... I'm using the ftpd server that ships with FreeBSD and when i chroot a user i notice that all created directories and files have GMT time on them as if the process can't access the system time because it's chrooted. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: FTPS Server?
    ... port numbers by deep packet inspection. ... client, but the underlying SSH protocol over the network is way, way ... See the chroot configuration in the man-page for sshd_config ... recommend running a separate instance on a separate port (if firewalls ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: chroot SSH users.
    ... Subsystem sftp internal-sftp ... SSH in the system. ... "Make sure chroot support was compiled in" ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Need advice on setting of an SSH server for untrusted users
    ... > I've just set up an ssh server so that my customers can download code ... I've set up ssh so that it requires rsa authentication. ... There is a patch for openssh that will cause it to do a chroot like ... The issue with a chroot jail for ssh is that you have to hand-roll the ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Problems with Sudo
    ... you can't sudo to root. ... SSH is generally allowed, all limitations should still apply including ... secure, the internet is a very dangerous place. ... allowing someone to break out of a chroot jail by simply logging back ...
    (Ubuntu)