Re: PubkeyAuth disallowed for root only?

Dirk. A couple things to try.

1. diff -Naur the sshd_config and other files on a working server vs.
non-working.
2. Set LogLevel DEBUG in sshd_config and tail -f your log file on a
working and non-working server. This loglevel will produce a ton of
information, hopefully some clues will exist within.
3. Run ssh client with -v param to produce verbose messages from the
CLIENT side as well.