Tunneling through ssh

Hello All!

I am part of a LAN and I connect to the Internet through a gateway.
Currently my traffic e.g. smtp, ftp, pop3, etc. goes through the
gateway in cleartext. However, I would like to tunnel ALL my traffic
through ssh through that gateway. I do not have another system
connected to the Internet on the other end i.e. outside of my LAN.

Are there any public systems or services which can accept the tunneled
traffic and then route it to appropriate destination.

Or is there any other alternative to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cant ping my Windows 2003 R2 server from the internet.
    ... The LAN is connected to a router, as are other PCs on my LAN. ... Gateway metric: 100 ... and dynamic settings pulled from my cable internet provider on the ... able to ping the 100mb port. ...
  • Re: squid + transparent proxying + ssl prots ?
    ... >> route SSH connections off the local private subnet to the internet. ... We use "net 10" for our lan. ... There is one gateway machine ... The iptables command can be used to perform a range of functions in Linux ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: "Routing and Remote Access" in Windows Server 2003
    ... Additionally I tell you that I have read a lot of documents on Internet, ... to the LAN the IP 192.168.1.1. ... In "Routing and Remote Access" I have added both NICS. ... >> automatic DNS and no gateway ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • RE: Firewall / Internet Gateway Config Fails
    ... Firewall / Internet Gateway Config Fails ... all the machines on the lan are already configured to ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: NAT from Inside the LAN - Winroute FW 5.0
    ... LAN - No gateway set SNAT to one of the public IP XXX.XXX.XXX.30 ... The only way to every see the too machines from the LAN to DMZ is to set the ... Generally one public address is used for sharing the internet ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)