pubkey authentication problem (was: Re: Determine forwarded ports?)

Mariyappan, Balaji (GE Indust, ES RAIL, consultant) wrote:
[...]
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password

The server allows password and public key authentication.

debug3: start over, passed a different list publickey,password
debug3: preferred publickey
debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey
debug3: remaining preferred:
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled publickey

Your client is configured to try publickey only.

[...]
debug1: Trying private key: /opt/app/pmart8/.ssh/infp_mw_dsa
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug3: sign_and_send_pubkey
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
[...]
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.

The server did not accept the public key that your client sent. The client was configured to not try any other methods so it gave up.

You should investigate the server to find out why it did not accept the publickey authentication.

BTW it's polite to start a new thread for a new topic rather than hijacking an existing one with a different topic.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.