Re: Can I prevent the ssh client from silencing banner in interactive mode?

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 02:07:47PM -0400, Bartick, Brett wrote:
In today's world of legal MumboJumbo and Sarbanes-Oxley, I like to know
if it's possible to always display the banner when one connects in an
interactive mode and prevent the '-q' option or Loglevel quite in the
config file from being enforced?

Not sure what you mean by "banner" -- but if you put whatever you want
displayed in /etc/motd it should always show up, even with -q.

This, however, really isn't appropriate for a mailing list:

PLEASE READ: This message is for the named person's use only. It may
contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
[...]

Such language goes against the nature of the mailing list, and is
inappropriate for communications sent to a public forum. If you can't
tell your mail client not to do this, it might be more reasonable if
you could sign up for the list from a private account, rather than
your work account.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/