Re: Can I prevent the ssh client from silencing banner in interactive mode?

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 02:07:47PM -0400, Bartick, Brett wrote:
In today's world of legal MumboJumbo and Sarbanes-Oxley, I like to know
if it's possible to always display the banner when one connects in an
interactive mode and prevent the '-q' option or Loglevel quite in the
config file from being enforced?

Not sure what you mean by "banner" -- but if you put whatever you want
displayed in /etc/motd it should always show up, even with -q.

This, however, really isn't appropriate for a mailing list:

PLEASE READ: This message is for the named person's use only. It may
contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any

Such language goes against the nature of the mailing list, and is
inappropriate for communications sent to a public forum. If you can't
tell your mail client not to do this, it might be more reasonable if
you could sign up for the list from a private account, rather than
your work account.

Derek D. Martin
GPG Key ID: 0x81CFE75D