Remote Port Forwarding problem

Hi all,
I am trying to create an SSH tunnel with a remote
machine.
The command I am running from my machine is:
ssh -f -N -R 12345:localhost:5873
username@remotemachine

So, as you could see, I am using a remote port
forwarding approach.

Now, to destroy this tunnel. I am finding the process
through "ps" and killing it.
It works fine for this. The remote port(i.e. 12345) is
also getting cleared.
But, if I create a tunnel and do a reboot on my
machine, the remote port is not getting cleared and
continues to listen for connection.
Is it a bug in ssh or am i doing something wrong?

Also, is there a cleaner way to destroy an alreayd
created tunnel?
I am using SSH version 2 on Linux box.

Thanks
Sumit

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote Access file transfer
    ... In addition to Bob's comments you might look at using a Secure Shell (SSH) tunnel if you just want access to files on the PC and not taking control like you would with Remote Desktop. ... My question is - is there a way to be able to drag and drop files within the ...
  • Re: reverse shell session
    ... I want to open a session on a client that connects to my server and makes ... a tunnel. ... You may ask why i want to do that, well the remote machine is behind a ... You could run an ssh server on the machine that's behind the FW on some ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Tunneled IP Addresses?
    ... First I connect via ssh. ... >specifying that all requests to a particular remote host be sent to ... >that address and forwards them out the tunnel. ... >pages (on the same server), but specify its IP Address rather than ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • RE: Remote PC Management via LAN/WAN
    ... Better to tunnel it through SSH. ... server on the remote boxes (with proper ACLs) will allow you both command ... the legitimate remote access software have security problems. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Verify a correctly configured tunnel
    ... (using SSH Secure Shell and tightVNC viewer). ... the remote machine via an SSH terminal. ... using the tunnel I think I set up? ... To make sure it is a port used by ssh ...
    (comp.security.ssh)