Re: FC6 ssh times out to one particular host

chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have just migrated from using a Solaris box as my work system to
having Fedora Core 6 on my desktop PC.

I have a number of ssh 'pinholes' in the company firewall to let
me connect to external systems. These are to four external systems
and from the Solaris system they all work still. From the new FC6
system they all work *except* for the one to my home system. Thus
the basics of ssh security etc. would seem to be OK.
[...]
Can anyone suggest any reason for this problem and how to fix it? I'm
stumped.

You could try turning of TCP window scaling on the client side ("echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling". If your firewall gets it wrong then you might see odd errors like this.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.