From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of agostonbejo
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 12:10 AM
To: secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Arriving at a specified directory instead of the user's home

Hi!

By default when I ssh onto a machine, I arrive at the user's home directory.
Can I somehow specify upon ssh'ing that I would like to arrive at a
different one?
Something like this:

ssh -target-directory=~/local/mystuff user1@themachine
password: ...
user1@themachine:/local/mystuff # ...

Setting up the target directory permanently won't do, because it varies
where I would like to arrive.
Can it be done somehow?

P.S.: This is the version I'm using: "OpenSSH_4.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct
2005"

Thanks!
Agoston