Arriving at a specified directory instead of the user's home

Hi!

By default when I ssh onto a machine, I arrive at the user's home directory.
Can I somehow specify upon ssh'ing that I would like to arrive at a
different one?
Something like this:

ssh -target-directory=~/local/mystuff user1@themachine
password: ...
user1@themachine:/local/mystuff # ...

Setting up the target directory permanently won't do, because it varies
where I would like to arrive.
Can it be done somehow?

P.S.: This is the version I'm using: "OpenSSH_4.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct
2005"

Thanks!
Agoston

  • RE: Arriving at a specified directory instead of the users home
    ... Arriving at a specified directory instead of the user's home ... By default when I ssh onto a machine, I arrive at the user's home directory. ... Can I somehow specify upon ssh'ing that I would like to arrive at a ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: X11Forwarding, ssh -X, and /bin/su
    ... ]>but I'm not really tunneled using ssh then, ... ]connecting to the X server and have the home directory NFS-mounted ... ](unless you leave root unmapped over NFS, ... ]root-readable place and set the environment $XAUTHORITY variable ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • ssh is unable to get Xauthority from shared home dir
    ... in our environment we are opening CDE sessions on ... different solaris 8 systems for the same user. ... home directory is NFS mounted. ... Then we are opening ssh ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Limitting SSH access
    ... Is it possible to limit the SSH access? ... I want t o restrict a user to his own home directory. ... Regarding ssh login, I usually use "rbash" from the ports, that restricts ...
    (freebsd-questions)