Re: Authorized_keys and NFS

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 10:19:37AM -0500, David Edwards wrote:
I'm having difficulty with getting SSHD to work with passwordless
authenication.

We have an NFS partition availible, and I can mount it and read/write
to it successfully; everything is set for +rwx

And that is the problem.

(we're going to deal with
security after this is working, and we're not concerned with students
having access).

sshd will refuse to honor an authorized_keys file in a group- or
world-writable directory.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The Hacker
    ... Legal flap over Defcon talk exposes divide on disclosing security flaws ... Gag order slapped on MIT students reignites debate on what 'responsible ...
    (uk.legal)
  • RE: Inculcating an interest in Security
    ... Creating interest depends on not just the subject matter alone; ... you don't necessarily have to publish/present a techinical ... Inculcating an interest in Security ... change in attitude in my fellow students. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: A New One on the International Security FARCE
    ... It was an INFORMATION item about the "security farce" on ... about the use of Google archives, ... which MOST college students now expect to get As and Bs ... courses got grades of F for failing to learn the material. ...
    (rec.scuba.locations)
  • Security Experts: University Shootings Like VA Tech Massacre Arent Totally Preventable
    ... Security Experts: University Shootings Like Virginia Tech Massacre Aren't ... The unprecedented school massacre at Virginia Tech has underscored one ... education about safety procedures for students, ... Harris said that she has 58 sworn officers - meaning all are trained as ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Locks for the peasants :-) Let them eat cake! Off with their heads!
    ... It could be that when the students worked at it for awhile, ... which is considered acceptable for the most secure crypto boxes. ... compromise security. ... Xilinx offers a similar feature too in its Virtex4 FPGAs. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)