Re: Allow password auth for one user with sftp?
- From: Darren Tucker <dtucker@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:51:05 +1100
Adrian von Bidder wrote:
(Context: I'm not subscribed to secureshell, so my original posting was discarded after the moderators didn't approve it for more than x days.)
On Monday 22 January 2007 07:09, you wrote:
Match User sftpuser
If you're interested I can supply a copy of the patch that adds auth
support (against 4.5p1).
That's exactly what I'm looking for. A copy of the patch would be appreciated, I'll have to think about using it on my server -- I don' feel very comfortable using a hand-compiled sshd instead of a Debian-packaged one...
(Apologies for the delay, but I hadn't actually ported the patch to 4.5 when I wrote that and it took longer than expected to get around to it.)
I have attached it to the bugzilla bug:
You want the last attachment (#1240) which is against 4.5p1.
Have people already looked at the patch? Is it realistic that it will eventually end up in openssh? If not, I guess I'd better just run a second sshd on port 2222, but obviously I don't really like this.
It was just committed so it will be in the next major release of OpenSSH (4.6).
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
usually comes from bad judgement.
- Prev by Date: RE: login differences between LAN and WAN to openSSH on cygwin with putty
- Next by Date: Re: cant connect, ssh hangs after SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP
- Previous by thread: login differences between LAN and WAN to openSSH on cygwin with putty
- Next by thread: Authorized_keys and NFS