Re: X11 Forwarding

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 06:12:25PM -0800, Paul G Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:11:18 -0500 Greg Wooledge <wooledg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
Did both. This is from the workstation's /etc/ssh/ssh_config:
#PGR allow X11 forwarding on local network
Host *.lan
ForwardX11 yes

And you're actually typing "ssh foobar.lan", then? Not "ssh foobar"?

No, it's finding the FQDN from /etc/resolv.conf & /etc/hosts. That's not
the problem. "ssh foobar" does get to the foobar host.

That doesn't matter. ssh(1) matches what you actually TYPE, not what
the hostname resolves to in DNS. Example:

imadev:~$ tail -2 .ssh/config
Host vandev.eeg.ccf.org
User qwerty

imadev:~$ host vandev
vandev.eeg.ccf.org has address 10.76.142.101

imadev:~$ ssh vandev
RSA host key for IP address '10.76.142.101' not in list of known hosts.
wooledg@vandev's password:
(Ctrl-C)

imadev:~$ ssh vandev.eeg.ccf.org
RSA host key for IP address '10.76.142.101' not in list of known hosts.
qwerty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's password:
(Ctrl-C)

Relevant Pages

  • RE: sshd / ssh setup
    ... We have an Remote FreeBSD system which is located some where on the ... This method gives the maximum protection possible utilizing ssh. ... Host setup steps. ... Reboot your system to activate sshd and login as root. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • SSH filter transer, was Re: Soft Update - directory/file listing
    ... But SSH file transfer is painfully slow all the time. ... ## SSH 3.2 Server Configuration File ... # Note that forwardings using the name of this host will be allowed (if ...
    (freebsd-performance)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: OpenSUSE PuTTY ?
    ... PuTTY lets you set up all kinds of special options, tied to which host ... The ssh daemon on the host machine is usually activated by default, ... As a taster to open a remote session in a new window in any konsole ... Windows users should explore Cygwin as this will allow you to run ssh ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Disable name canonicalization for OpenSSH GSSAPI
    ... The issue I'm having is with a new server ... I'm unable to setup the correct reverse ... When I attempt to connect to this host with SSH, ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: hacked?
    ... So I ssh'd in and did a netstat and saw what looked like an unwanted SSH connection... ... On the local host type nmap -sV localhost -p 1-65535 to see what ports respond and which apps/services. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)