Re: AllowUser, DenyUser don't work.

wasn't it without a = `???

AllowRootLogin no not AllowRootLogin=no !?
Greetz, Dominik

Philipp Snizek schrieb:
I try to restrict some kind of login through AllowUser and DenyUser but
openssh version: 4.5
What I want: disable root login from network outside What I wrote into /etc/ssh/sshd_config
DenyUsers root
AllowUsers root@xxxxxxx*
However, after that not only root can not login from anywhere, but all
the other accounts are also disabled
Anything I did wrong?

AllowUsers you@thehostyourecomingfrom

ssh you@yourbox
you@yourbox:~$ su - root

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is my system secure? What else should I do?
    ... As with any security, it must be a balance between secure and useability. ... remain on the root partition to be used on boot up and you don't want to ... > Security applet in the Mandrake Control Center and disable root login ... LiveCD and gain FULL access to your system that way. ...
  • RE: AllowUser, DenyUser dont work.