Re: OpenSSH v4.5p1 compatibility with OpenSSL 0.9.8d

FWIW, my problem was solved by reworking my GCC install.
Something was screwy.

I got OpenSSL 0.9.8d and OpenSSH 4.5p1 built fine with
Sunfreeware GCC 3.3.2 for Solaris 9 SPARC.

Thanks to Darren Tucker for the persistent help.

Jeff Blaine wrote:
It's all here in my post:

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/121/456707/30/0/threaded

Darren Tucker wrote:
Jeff Blaine wrote:
I have had nothing but solid build troubles with
OpenSSH 4.5p1 and anything greater than OpenSSL 0.9.7f.

Which platform was this on? Could you please provide the configure flags that you gave when you built (or attempted to build) OpenSSL and OpenSSH? Hopefully we can reproduce and fix the problem.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Mosaic v3.9 compile
    ... I recently built Mosaic 3.9 with SSL support. ... TCP/IP specified. ... with OpenSSL built this way that https urls do not work. ... that Lynx needs OpenSSL to be built with the same TCP/IP package ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • FC2 and OpenSSL 0.9.7e
    ... Needing some of the features of the current release of OpenSSL 0.9.7e, ... I can get this built but I ... related to Fedora and newer OpenSSL releases. ... own RPM since it's out of date. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Setup UW IMAP server with existing mailbox files
    ... This imapd binary is build with OpenSSL and mandatory encryption. ... Either you built with OpenSSL, even though you said that you did not do so, or the binary that xinetd starts is a different binary. ... Install a binary that is built without OpenSSL ...
    (comp.mail.imap)
  • Re: Mosaic v3.9 compile
    ... TCP/IP specified. ... with OpenSSL built this way that https urls do not work. ... that Lynx needs OpenSSL to be built with the same TCP/IP package ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • security/openssl speed issues
    ... Now, I'm trying to measure the impact of said AES extentions, I tumbled on a very weird difference in behaviour between our base system openssl and the one in ports. ... The one is base is not supposed to have cryptodev (and aesni) support at all as it was added apparently in 1.0.1. ... built on: Sun Jul 28 16:36:48 CEST 2013 ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)