Re: TCP_NODELAY

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 05:52:50AM -0600, Chris Nystrom wrote:
I have an interactive application including mouse events that I want
to be secure. I have configured the system to use an openssh subsystem
and it works well except that we have noticed some inconsistent
performance. We have fixed this on a plain socket connection by
setting TCP_NODELAY.

I have looked at the man pages and the e-mail archives and as far as I
can tell there is no way to set this for an ssh subsystem. Am I
correct?

OpenSSH's client traditionally set TCP_NODELAY for "interactive" sessions
(where "interactive" means "has requested a pty", although that's
becoming less and less useful as an indicator). You can try forcing
pty allocation by adding "-tt" to your ssh command line.

OpenSSH 4.4 and newer set TCP_NODELAY unconditionally.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

Relevant Pages

  • TCP_NODELAY
    ... to be secure. ... I have configured the system to use an openssh subsystem ... I have looked at the man pages and the e-mail archives and as far as I ... can tell there is no way to set this for an ssh subsystem. ...
    (SSH)