Generating SSL certificate for Apache HTTPD breaks SSH

I have apache web server and SSH installed on a server. I have generated a
SSL certificate for the web server
http://slacksite.com/apache/certificate.html
http://slacksite.com/apache/certificate.html . When I install the
certificate, though, SSH stops accepting incoming connections. Any existing
connections continue unmolested, but new connections are not accepted until
I reboot the server; luckily, the certificate forces apache to require a
manual start, so it's not running (and blocking SSH) after a reboot.

I don't see anything interesting in httpd's various logs. I haven't quite
figured out how to access sshd's logs (I'm told they're in the syslog?)

When I login using "slogin -v -l user hostname" I get this output:

sjones[~]$ slogin -v -l gladmin camdevnet02
OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.8b 04 May 2006
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Connecting to camdevnet02 [10.6.5.214] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/sjones/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /home/sjones/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug1: identity file /home/sjones/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_3.9p1
debug1: match: OpenSSH_3.9p1 pat OpenSSH_3.*
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST(1024<1024<8192) sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent
debug1: Host 'camdevnet02' is known and matches the RSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /home/sjones/.ssh/known_hosts:4
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent

Authorized Personel Only!
All other will be prosecuted!

debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password
debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information
No credentials cache found

debug1: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information
No credentials cache found

debug1: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information
No credentials cache found

debug1: Trying private key: /home/sjones/.ssh/identity
debug1: Offering public key: /home/sjones/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password
debug1: Trying private key: /home/sjones/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Next authentication method: password
gladmin@camdevnet02's password:
debug1: Authentication succeeded (password).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: Sending environment.
debug1: Sending env LANG = en_US.UTF-8

After that last line, the cursor goes to the next line, and hangs. No
connection, no rejection, no command line, just flashing cursor. Can't even
ctrl-c out of it; have to close the terminal/tab.

Thanks!
-Sam

  • [SLE] Slow SSH login
    ... A> ssh B ... second delay no matter the authentication mechanism ... debug1: Authentication succeeded. ...
    (SuSE)
  • LDAP Authentication via SSH
    ... authenticate via SSH to the LDAP server. ... debug1: Connecting to ldapclient.domain port 22. ... debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive ... # rlogin service (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth) ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Help request: problems with a 5.1 server and large numbers of ssh users.
    ... FreeBSD 5.1 because I need to be able to support ldap authentication.) ... My version of ssh is 3.6.1p2 patched to address the security concerns. ... debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, ... debug1: Connection established. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Help request: problems with a 5.1 server and large numbers of ssh users.
    ... FreeBSD 5.1 because I need to be able to support ldap authentication.) ... My version of ssh is 3.6.1p2 patched to address the security concerns. ... debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, ... debug1: Connection established. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Problems with passwordless ssh/scp (W2K client , Solaris 8 server).
    ... configuration for the ssh client and server. ... The SSH server configuration is a pretty standard configuration (Solaris ... Rhosts Authentication disabled, ... debug1: Connection established. ...
    (SSH)