Subject: Is there an ftp client library to communicate with sftp server?

Hi -

I want to write an application that links in a client library that
performs secure ftp. Are any available?
It needs to communicate with the sftp server daemon. I know this can
be done with non-secure ftp.
Do I need to simply write my own socket tools and follow a spec?
(Where would I find this?) Or has
someone done it and made it public with an API.

Thanks!

Al

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IPC
    ... Python has built in support for ftp ... use it instead of trying to "communicate" with ... You can catch any exceptions (like failure to connect) ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Working with files with EBCDIC encoding
    ... My project requires to communicate with mainframe and I might need to ... work on files with different ecnodings like EBCDIC. ... If I read the EBCDIC encoded file, using FTP, do I need to convert it ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: IPC
    ... I use FTP only to test the IPC and give here a known example. ... It's in fact with a custom program that I have to communicate. ... Yannick ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • MSWinsck.ocx
    ... I've this feature, where I implement some ... code to communicate to a device via FTP. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • IPSec tools. Tips asked for selecting some toolsets
    ... I have written FTP and HTTP functionality to my apps for years, ... Now I should be able to open and handle IPSec VPN tunnels for secure ... I'll list here some keywords about those IPSec banking connections, ... *immediately* is a secure FTP connection over SSL lines. ...