SSH Port Forwarding and X11 Question !

Hi Guys !
I have the following problem. I need to know if ssh port forwarding can be
done for this.

I have Server A (Solaris)which needs to run a grpahics program.
Server A resides behind a Firewall.
Server B (Solaris) has access to Server A through ssh. There is a Firewall
Rule that was implemented to allow ssh traffic from Server B to Server A.
Both Server A and Server B do not have Graphics monitor attached to it.
I have PC C in which I'm running cygwin (X server). I would like to display
the grpahics program that is invoked on Server A on my PC C. My PC can ssh
(using putty) to Server B as they are in the same network.

Obviously, when I export the display on Server A to my PCs IP address, I'm
getting "Can't open Display" because Server A cannot talk to my PC directly.

Thanks very much for your input.

  • Re: need help for setting SSH Server for Windows XP
    ... In my windows firewall proper ports are opened. ... Changing from port 22 to ports 80, 443 also doesn't give any results. ... static LAN IP of the server PC. ... It is *NOT* a valid test to call the SSH server PC from another ...
  • Re: ssh security question
    ... Someone is attempting to use a dictionary or brute-force attack against your SSH server. ... Recently - I was away from the office - and enabled port 22 on the firewall - so I could access the centos server remotely. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: probleme mit ssh
    ... waehrend das entfernte System der Server ist. ... Bei X11 ist alles andersherum, da ist das entfernte System der Client ... und dein lokales Display der Server. ... DArum brauchsts bei SSH ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.networking.misc)
  • Re: Suggestions for a square font?
    ... > ssh -X creates a tunnel from distant_computer to your real X server at ... > the tunneled X display, connecting directly to the X ... Let's say that the first line was for ssh users and the second ... connect through ssh and play a curses game. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.development)
  • Re: probleme mit ssh
    ... waehrend das entfernte System der Server ist. ... und dein lokales Display der Server. ... DArum brauchsts bei SSH ... SSH hat das fuer X11 aber bereits ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.networking.misc)