Re: Scp & sftp with no shell access or restricted access

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 02:41:20PM +0100, Massimo wrote:
I need to provide users with sftp and scp access to unix servers without
the possibility to open a shell on the server.

Well, you give some good keywords to search for right in your message:

It would also be useful to give user:
1) restricted shell
2) Chroot sftp/scp access

I typed those into google and got this search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=restricted+shell+chroot+sftp+scp+access&btnG=Google+Search

The results look like they suit your needs.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/

  • Re: Scp & sftp with no shell access or restricted access
    ... the possibility to open a shell on the server. ... Chroot sftp/scp access ... The results look like they suit your needs. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: CHROOT for SSH
    ... I gave an SSH access to my server to somebody. ... him) "chroot" him to its home. ... restricted shell might meet the need (see RESTRICTED SHELL on the ...
    (Fedora)
  • [opensuse] NIS and nss_override_attribute_value
    ... I have several servers setup with NIS for managing many users. ... Now I have to add a server, but require to set a restricted shell. ... Is there something similar for NIS or anotherway to configure ther server withour creating another NIS domain? ...
    (SuSE)