Re: Scp & sftp with no shell access or restricted access

set the shell of user to /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server

usermod user -s /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server

:D

On 11/12/06, Massimo <massimo.mail@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I need to provide users with sftp and scp access to unix servers without
the possibility to open a shell on the server.

It would also be useful to give user:
1) restricted shell
2) Chroot sftp/scp access

I need to do this kind of condiguration on HP-UX, Solaris, Linux & AIX.

How can I do? Can I do it with "standard & supported" software or do I
need external software?

Do you have any ideas?

Best Regards,
Massimo

Thiago LPS
C.E.S.A.R - Administrador de Sistemas
msn: thiago.lps@xxxxxxxxx
0xx 81 8735 2591

  • Re: Scp & sftp with no shell access or restricted access
    ... I need to provide users with sftp and scp access to unix servers without ... the possibility to open a shell on the server. ... there are a couple "plugins" or external software out ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Scp & sftp with no shell access or restricted access
    ... I need to provide users with sftp and scp access to unix servers without the possibility to open a shell on the server. ... Can I do it with "standard & supported" software or do I need external software? ...
    (SSH)
  • Scp & sftp with no shell access or restricted access
    ... I need to provide users with sftp and scp access to unix servers without the possibility to open a shell on the server. ... Can I do it with "standard & supported" software or do I need external software? ...
    (SSH)
  • RE: Scp & sftp with no shell access or restricted access
    ... Scp & sftp with no shell access or restricted access ... I need to provide users with sftp and scp access to unix servers without ... I need to do this kind of condiguration on HP-UX, Solaris, Linux & AIX. ... need external software? ...
    (SSH)
  • scp access only
    ... I am also trying to configure openssh to only allow scp access, no shell or ... sftp access. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)