Re: Fronting SSH (Linux)Server with Windows repository?

Why not run an ssh server like VanDyke's server on Windows ?

Markus

"toadie D" <toadie643@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
( new to SSH and Linux Security)

Is it possible to run a SSH Server on Linux that has a repository on a
Windows machine?

If so, how does the authentication work ? To gain access to the
WIndows share, the user needs to be a WIndows Domain user which also
means that the Linux SSH server needs to authenticate with WIndows
Active Directory/LDAP.

Any hints / tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Toadie

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] Remote Desktop Connection
    ... > I alreadytried the Remote Desktop Connection from my Linux box. ... > I can open a window showing the remote Windows screen. ... SCP requires an ssh server at the other end... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: OS specific command in Python
    ... windows to send the shutdown command. ... To clear up things a little, you _interact_ with the ssh process launched on your local machine from your python script. ... this ssh process _connect_ to an ssh server on your remote winbox. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Trouble with scp (newbie)
    ... > I have installed putty on my Windows ME system. ... I can log in to a Linux ... Is this your command as run on your WinME box? ... OpenSSH as part of CygWin to provide an ssh server on your WinME box, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Fronting SSH (Linux)Server with Windows repository?
    ... (new to SSH and Linux Security) ... WIndows share, the user needs to be a WIndows Domain user which also ... means that the Linux SSH server needs to authenticate with WIndows ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: need help for setting SSH Server for Windows XP
    ... >> In my windows firewall proper ports are opened. ... > To use SSH you only need TCP Port 22 (or whatever port you configure> the ... It is *NOT* a valid test to call the SSH server PC from another ...