Re: Fronting SSH (Linux)Server with Windows repository?

toadie D wrote:
( new to SSH and Linux Security)

Is it possible to run a SSH Server on Linux that has a repository on a
Windows machine?
I'm not sure what you mean by "repository" here, but if I'm following you, it sounds like you just want to authenticate SSH against AD.

There are a fwe ways to do that, but one of them would be to use an LDAP PAM module.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dependencies
    ... You won't master Linux or any Linux distro in a weekend and don't kid ... use several repositories to increase the chances that dependencies will ... You could maintain a hand built repository by downloading/dumping all ... rpms into a single dir on your hard disk, ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Newbie: Cant access SSH
    ... I'm trying to set up an SSH server, ... I am able to access my Linux (Debian Woody) box through ssh ... PuTTY) and she is unable to. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: UTF-8 with Subversion
    ... I'm a recent convert to macs/osx (from linux), ... my working environment. ... If the subversion repository contains filenames which are not in this form (for example if the repository is created in windows/linux and contains an "á" character). ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Yum install vs. something like Softpedia? [For Window$->Linux newbies.]
    ... trying to grasp the repository thing in Linux (I'm a Linux ... newbie coming from Window$). ... Yum install, is that what it means to get software from the repository ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Another Linux Computer Flipped.
    ... guess you'll always be what we real computer users often ... > opposed to figuring out how to make it work, then linux is a poor ... The problem is that if a repository is removed by ... The sooner you linux geeks wipe the ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)