Re: Fronting SSH (Linux)Server with Windows repository?

Hi Patrick,

Sorry about the confusion here. What i wanted to do is to use SSH
Server on Linux to handle all the SSH protocol, but the **home
directory** of the user needs to be hosted by a Windows Server share
and the user credentials need to be maintained in Windows AD.

It's a bit convoluted but I am constrained by the requirements.

There are a fwe ways to do that, but one of them would be to use an LDAP
PAM module.

Where would I be able to find these documentations?

On 11/9/06, Patrick Morris <trick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
toadie D wrote:
> ( new to SSH and Linux Security)
> Is it possible to run a SSH Server on Linux that has a repository on a
> Windows machine?
I'm not sure what you mean by "repository" here, but if I'm following
you, it sounds like you just want to authenticate SSH against AD.

There are a fwe ways to do that, but one of them would be to use an LDAP
PAM module.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FC6 VPN
    ... Then you can run any application you would like off the server by simply running it, or if you want to run a whole session, use gnomesession. ... ssh client that supports X forwarding, which is want you want to be looking at. ... SSH allows you to forward any local port to any remote port. ... If you need to connect to, say a windows share, you would forward your local port to the linux server through the ssh tunnel. ...
  • Re: help : SSH & D3/NT
    ... If you're using Windows, buy Windows software to do this kind of thing. ... Don't mess around with Linux this or Linux that. ... What do I need to setup a SSH connection over the D3/NT server? ...
  • Re: OpenSSH Windows Security
    ... SFTP is typically defined as using an SSH capable FTP client to connect ... It uses the "native" commands on the server to provide ... (does Tuxcmd have a Windows port)? ...
  • Re: OT: Open Source Citrix?
    ... session over an SSH tunnel. ... the massive performance hit it will inevitably lay on your PC. ... use it to access my Linux server over a 1.5/1 Mb/s ... very un-fond memories of windows x-servers. ...
  • Re: Schadsoftware =?UTF-8?B?ZsO8cg==?= Linux?
    ... Die Debian SSH Panne hatte *nichts* mit absichtlicher Malware zu tun. ... Mit Verlaub, was du hier tust ist unredlich, indem du mir Argumente ... Linux sei genauso _unsicher_ wie Windows (und ich kann ... absichern wie ein beliebiges Linux). ...