Fronting SSH (Linux)Server with Windows repository?

( new to SSH and Linux Security)

Is it possible to run a SSH Server on Linux that has a repository on a
Windows machine?

If so, how does the authentication work ? To gain access to the
WIndows share, the user needs to be a WIndows Domain user which also
means that the Linux SSH server needs to authenticate with WIndows
Active Directory/LDAP.

Any hints / tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Toadie

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] Remote Desktop Connection
    ... > I alreadytried the Remote Desktop Connection from my Linux box. ... > I can open a window showing the remote Windows screen. ... SCP requires an ssh server at the other end... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Trouble with scp (newbie)
    ... > I have installed putty on my Windows ME system. ... I can log in to a Linux ... Is this your command as run on your WinME box? ... OpenSSH as part of CygWin to provide an ssh server on your WinME box, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Fronting SSH (Linux)Server with Windows repository?
    ... Why not run an ssh server like VanDyke's server on Windows? ... means that the Linux SSH server needs to authenticate with WIndows ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: (newbies) ssh putty win linux modem & eth0 ...
    ... > It is the first time i use ssh and all this stuff... ... > my linux computer only has an eth card on the network ... > my windows computer has two connections: ... > I tried to use PUTTY to connect to the ssh server on linux and here is ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)