SSH 4.3 VPN with Ubuntu Edgy - Can't get it to work

I have followed every single guide I can find on the net (and they are
subtly different) but I still can't get SSH 4.3 VPN to work. I have
two systems, both upgraded Ubuntu Edgy boxes. I followed the guide at:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH_VPN

And I can't ping between two computers. I tcpdump the tun0 interface
on both and all I see is outgoing packets.

I did somehow sort of manage to get it working between myself and my
Debian Etch box (2.4 Kernel) in that I could sometimes see packets go
both ways on the etch tun0 interface but the ubuntu boxes were still
not ever seeing anything return.

I literally did exactly what the guide above says (as well as trying a
few others).

I've checked routes and the packets are definately going out the tun0
as expected. iptables is not running on either host.

ip_forwarding is enabled on both hosts.

PermitTunnel yes
AllowRootLogin yes

on the server.

Thanks

Joel

Relevant Pages

  • Packets lost: Softirq
    ... Please somebody guide me here. ... I am tracking all udp packets ... I have a vitrual network interface and 2 physical network interface (one ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Best solution for windows server?
    ... gem install swiftiply --ignore-dependencies ... I would like to host ruby on rails application. ... (if this can you suggest me a guide) ... best windows solution to host only rails applications? ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Bluetooth Internet access?
    ... Thanks, I followed your guide, however, then I lost access to the Internet ... from my host and had to go back to autoconfig IPs. ... > Make sure to configure the DNS servers on the host computer. ...
  • Re: My new rig is ordered!!!
    ... writer, editor, website support, television producer, show host, husband, ... father, and grandfather..... ... G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods ...
    (rec.outdoors.fishing.bass)
  • Re: reality show idea: who wants to be an rspwer
    ... should host the show and guide these up and comers? ... DEP should be the host ... Spike would have to be the network unless there's a Poop Channel ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)