SSH 4.3 VPN with Ubuntu Edgy - Can't get it to work
- From: "Joel Heenan" <joel.heenan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:54:42 +1100
I have followed every single guide I can find on the net (and they are
subtly different) but I still can't get SSH 4.3 VPN to work. I have
two systems, both upgraded Ubuntu Edgy boxes. I followed the guide at:
And I can't ping between two computers. I tcpdump the tun0 interface
on both and all I see is outgoing packets.
I did somehow sort of manage to get it working between myself and my
Debian Etch box (2.4 Kernel) in that I could sometimes see packets go
both ways on the etch tun0 interface but the ubuntu boxes were still
not ever seeing anything return.
I literally did exactly what the guide above says (as well as trying a
I've checked routes and the packets are definately going out the tun0
as expected. iptables is not running on either host.
ip_forwarding is enabled on both hosts.
on the server.
- Prev by Date: Re: SFTP Limited Availability
- Next by Date: Announce: OpenSSH 4.5 released
- Previous by thread: SFTP Limited Availability
- Next by thread: Announce: OpenSSH 4.5 released