Re: slow ssh

Thanks all...it turned out to be a DNS problem.

-Grant

gpk wrote:

Hopefully somebody here can help me out with an interesting problem.
Here's what I have.

Location 1:
2 - Fedora Core 5 Servers
5 - Windows XP Boxes

Location 2:
3 - Fedora Core 5 Servers

The two locations are connected via site-to-site VPN tunnel. When I try to
ssh from a server at location 1 to a server at location 2 over the vpn
tunnel it takes about 1 minute to get the reponse asking for a password.
If I ssh from the same server to the other fedora core 5 server on my
local network it prompts me for a password immediately. Now I thought this
might have been a issue with the VPN tunnel, but when I ssh to a server at
location 2 from a windows XP box, I'm prompted immediately for the
password. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is, but it's driving
me insane! Anybody have any idea what might be causing this problem? I
thought it was a dns lookup problem, but I have dns entries both
directions and the servers can lookup each others IP addresses.

Thanks in advance.

  • help
    ... > (Paul Howarth) ... For users of Fedora Core releases ... > a server, ... > command)) ...
    (Fedora)
  • is yum working? unable to update a system
    ... # yum update ... Server: Dag RPM Repository for Fedora Core ... .Package mplayer-mencoder needs libxvidcore.so.2, this is not ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: SSH Problem
    ... (Fedora Core 4)by ssh through internet. ... I am able to ping that server ... from my local system when i am trying to connect ... to itself through ssh it is giving same error "connection closed". ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Fedora core 3 feature requests
    ... Fedora core 3 - Feature requests ... my thoughts on the upcoming fedora core 3 release. ... the packages as core, alternatives and extras. ... Web server - Apache ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Ians critrics on my former reply (was: top posting, HTML posting and "the closer")
    ... server - attention: you said server yourself, ... after which you then want to pain free upgrade to Fedora Core 4 ... My reply wasn't hostile in that sense! ...
    (Fedora)