Re: Decrypting an ssh session knowing the private key?

Patrick Morris escreveu:
I would like to write a program that could deycrypt ssh
communication by using the private key of the server
computer. This should be possable right? And I should be able
to use libraries the openssh has already writen. In fact the
majority of the code should already be writen right? I should
just need to send a packet with the private key to a function right?

You'd also need the user's private key.

Not to mention the fact that the keys are not generated on server
neither on the client. A part is generated on the server and other on
the client. None of them has the full key at any time. Also, the keys
are re-negotiated every hour (as far as i remember). You will only be
able to impersonate the server to think that you are the client, not
getting clear text of an already established session.

My regards,
--
Giancarlo Razzolini
Linux User 172199

  • Re: Location of users private key in PKI solution
    ... It sounds as though I should design the system so that the client ... signing/verification technology incorporated into the server. ... Presumably the steps in signing will be as follows: ... > The private key is typically located on the users machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Location of users private key in PKI solution
    ... It sounds as though I should design the system so that the client ... signing/verification technology incorporated into the server. ... Presumably the steps in signing will be as follows: ... > The private key is typically located on the users machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • [OT] Re: RSA implementation, please comment.
    ... on a separate server is actually a very good idea, ... This web front uses a well defined and secure ... Don't store the private key on the server. ... Every client gets a smartcard for the decryption (or a HSM, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Application DataMicrosoftCryptoRSAMachineKeys and windows xp service pack 2.0
    ... security settings state the "Everyone" has access to the private key file. ... The client side uses the policy file and can encrypt using the server public ... The server decrypts the request and does some business processing. ...
  • Re: How to use certificates?
    ... I expect that server will know the client public key, ... > private key for that certificate. ...