Re: Decrypting an ssh session knowing the private key?

Patrick Morris escreveu:
I would like to write a program that could deycrypt ssh
communication by using the private key of the server
computer. This should be possable right? And I should be able
to use libraries the openssh has already writen. In fact the
majority of the code should already be writen right? I should
just need to send a packet with the private key to a function right?

You'd also need the user's private key.

Not to mention the fact that the keys are not generated on server
neither on the client. A part is generated on the server and other on
the client. None of them has the full key at any time. Also, the keys
are re-negotiated every hour (as far as i remember). You will only be
able to impersonate the server to think that you are the client, not
getting clear text of an already established session.

My regards,
--
Giancarlo Razzolini
Linux User 172199