Re: Agent Forwarding Question for the list

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 01:39:57PM -0400, Jason Powers wrote:
This is the part I assumed I had configured correctly after reading the
manual, though it does not specify if I do or do not also have to
activate X11 forwarding to just get agent forwarding to work, so I did
not include the x11 directives.

You don't need them; so it's a mystery. I think your next steps are
to run ssh with -A to see if that works, and then to run sshd with -d
and ssh with -v to see why the agent isn't being used. Something's
amis.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/

  • X11 Forwarding with OpenSSH
    ... We are able to do the X11 forwarding and it works as the user ... go into the environment as their ssh IDs. ... functional accounts with no direct access into the account). ... another way to set your Display or gettaround this limitation? ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Apache Software Foundation Server compromised, resecured. (fwd)
    ... if you ssh to the untrusted box, have your .ssh/identity there (no good ... > You misunderstand what agent forwarding is. ... Agent forwarding means that remote requests ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: X server not reponding
    ... ssh doesn't need it in order to do X11 forwarding, ... /etc/ssh/sshd_config on your remote systems. ... the client requested X11 forwarding. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Piping println() through an external pager program (more, less)
    ... (but only ssh as a whole). ... you can't forward the necessary ports". ... PuTTY is a commonly used Windows client that won't accept X11 forwarding because it is text only. ... checked, and the Cygwin X11 server running on my laptop, if I type e.g. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: 11.3 and ssh X forwarding not working
    ... Just upgraded my home server to 11.3. ... but I cannot seem to get X to work over ssh. ... using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding. ... Well, AFAIK, I'm not using IPv6 and I think that my router is not ...
    (SuSE)