Re: Agent Forwarding Question for the list

Jason Powers wrote:

me@desktop> ssh-add
(type pass for key)
me@desktop> ssh someuser@server1

now from that terminal
someuser@server1> ssh otheruser@server2

It asks me for a password when I try to jump to the second server. I can put the password in and it works, but I think at this point it should be forwarding the key.

I could be wrong, but I beleve ForwardAgent just ALLOWS agent forwarding.

You stil need to ssh -A user@server1

Usage: ssh [options] host [command]
-l user Log in using this user name.
-n Redirect input from /dev/null.
-F config Config file (default: ~/.ssh/config).
-A Enable authentication agent forwarding.
-a Disable authentication agent forwarding (default).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Attacks against SSH?
    ... -l user Log in using this user name. ... Now we now get a usage error from the local ssh client. ...
    (Incidents)
  • log files
    ... We have a Solaris 8 server which is running openssh-3.4p1. ... the server using SSH with incorrect password, ... such SSH user log information with successful login? ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: ssh X11 forwarding problem
    ... You tried to run ssh as root, you probably did it from a user terminal, ... you can't since display belongs to the user log in. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Agent Forwarding Question for the list
    ... Jason Powers wrote: ... someuser@server1> ssh otheruser@server2 ... It asks me for a password when I try to jump to the second server. ... If it's not empty, can you on server2 ...
    (SSH)