From: Javier Reyna Padilla [mailto:jreyna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 5:50 PM
To: Jack Curtin
Cc: 'secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: OpenSSH and FTP

If you need to download/upload files,I think you can do that just with
scp, you can remove ftp and use just scp, rhe problem is that no much
people is familiarized with scp ( I don't know why!! Is a very common
tool), Otherwise, why don't you chech the new feature in Openssh sftp,
it is included in the new version.

http://www.openssh.com/txt/release-4.4

Jack Curtin wrote:
[Reposting in plain text as requested, sorry about that.]

Hi,

We have an application that allows users to login and submit/receive files
through a custom FTP proxy server. We support most FTP clients. We now
need to be able to support an SCP client (such as WinSCP). I thought it
might be possible to use OpenSSH's sshd as an SSH wrapper for my FTP proxy
server. What I want to do is perform an ftp connect at session start, an
ftp login for password authentication, and then an ftp put or get for
sending or receiving files.

Questions:

Is this a bad idea? Is there a more straightforward way to accomplish
this?

I'm working my way through the code, but could you provide some guidance
on
the locations where I would need to add in my FTP logic as described
above?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jack Curtin
Senior Software Engineer -- Team Lead
M2 Systems Corporation
"Elite Software Engineering"
850 Trafalgar Court
Suite 100
Maitland, Florida 32751
Phone: (407) 551.1310 Fax: (407) 551.1423
E-Mail: jackcurtin@xxxxxxxxxxx