Re: openssh 4.3p2 and Match keyword

Ross Marshall wrote:
I have included the following in the config file:
Match Address
AllowTcpForwarding yes
GatewayPorts no
and when I try to start openssh, I get:
/opt/etc/ssh/sshd_config: line 80: Bad configuration option: Match
/opt/etc/ssh/sshd_config: terminating, 1 bad configuration options
did I miss something when I compiled the server, or am I doing a

Match was added after the 4.3p2 release so it's not in the version you have.

There's a patch for 4.3p2 here: (you want attachment #1127).

It's already in the snapshots, and the 4.4 release will be happening some time in the very near future.

Darren Tucker (dtucker at
usually comes from bad judgement.