Re: why does mget hang with SFTP

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 01:17:41PM -0400, Justin Alcorn wrote:
Perhaps the file globbing has overrun the maximum command line length?

dcapellman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
When using SFTP, does anyone have any thoughts as to why `mget *` hangs
after transferring 230 or so files? The connection is not lost and it
just quits transferring files. The files are about 10K or so and I am
using OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 with Solaris 8. TIA.

If you're transferring whole directories, you might wish to consider:

tar cf - ./dir1 ./dir2 | ssh me@remote 'cd /somewhere && tar xvf -'

Relevant Pages

  • vmnet1 vmneet2 etc
    ... I lost all mail in transferring my system to another harddisk. ... I want to run three virtual vmware machines on one host. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • lost registratio number
    ... MS seems to have generated a great catch-22 situation. ... I've lost my registration number in the process of ... transferring XP from my old machine to my new machine. ... They want to know the number - or charge me ...
  • Re: lost registratio number
    ... > MS seems to have generated a great catch-22 situation. ... > I've lost my registration number in the process of ... > transferring XP from my old machine to my new machine. ... If this is an OEM version of XP, it is only licensed to the first system ...
  • Re: File recovery
    ... I've since recovered my PC but have lost the files ... I was in the process of transferring. ... If you did not erase the files on the camera, they should still be on the ... camera card. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Tombola
    ... Somehow, whilst transferring all my info. to my new PC, I have lost ... Tombola font. ...
    (comp.fonts)