Re: why does mget hang with SFTP
- From: Greg Wooledge <wooledg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:00:35 -0400
On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 01:17:41PM -0400, Justin Alcorn wrote:
Perhaps the file globbing has overrun the maximum command line length?
When using SFTP, does anyone have any thoughts as to why `mget *` hangs
after transferring 230 or so files? The connection is not lost and it
just quits transferring files. The files are about 10K or so and I am
using OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 with Solaris 8. TIA.
If you're transferring whole directories, you might wish to consider:
tar cf - ./dir1 ./dir2 | ssh me@remote 'cd /somewhere && tar xvf -'
- Prev by Date: Re: keys longer than 1024 bits
- Next by Date: Re: keys longer than 1024 bits
- Previous by thread: Re: why does mget hang with SFTP
- Next by thread: Ip Phones