Re: Ip Phones

saleh ahmed wrote:
I would like to know if I can use ssh with my IP Phone, if yes how can I
do that because our only ISP have blocked all sip udp ports 5060 so my
Grandstream Gxp2000 would not register with my voip provider.

i/ Complain to your ISP.
ii/ Change the settings on the Grandstream Gxp2000 to use a different
port. (Look under account configuration -> Local SIP port).
iii/ Experiment with STUN.
iv/ Ask in a VoIP related forum.

At the moment I am using RealTunnel plus x-lite to make my voip calls
but the bad thing about RealTunnel is that it only works in a Pc and can
not be added to the phone outbond proxy.

It is unlikely that SSH would solve your problems.

Ben

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Number porting problem
    ... I just moved house and wanted to take my number with me. ... to a different exchange BT said no. ... I wanted to port my number away from them and sign up for a new contract ... I've moved now and chased the VoIP provider to see what's going on. ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Number porting problem
    ... I just moved house and wanted to take my number with me. ... to a different exchange (albeit the same area code) BT said no. ... I wanted to port my number away from them and sign up for a new contract ... I've moved now and chased the VoIP provider to see what's going on. ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: End of Call Diversion with Bypass
    ... they're ceasing it and it will be taken off my line in ... I wonder if I can port the main number to a VoIP provider, ... (or any other number - the bypass number ... You can certainly port your number. ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: End of Call Diversion with Bypass
    ... they're ceasing it and it will be taken off my line in ... I wonder if I can port the main number to a VoIP provider, ... (or any other number - the bypass number ... You can certainly port your number. ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: Porting second (home) phone number to cell phone ?
    ... to port that number to an existing VZW cell phone account, while keeping the existing wireless phone number? ... You could port your number to a VOIP provider that allows forwarding, ... Unfortunately, Voicestick, the least expensive VOIP provider, doesn't do porting of numbers. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)