openssh-4.3p2: setsockopt() problem

List,

I'm behind a dlink DSL-G604T wireless router. ssh client was hanging at:

debug1: Entering interactive session.

Telnet was having a similar problem to port 22, however a simple client.c
I compiled was not. My java ssh client was also working. After some
investigation, I noticed that the hang was after the system call:

setsockopt(3, SOL_IP, IP_TOS, [16], 4) = 0

I noticed also that telnet was hanging the same way. I commented all the
setsockopt() calls out of the ssh client code (because I was in a hurry)
and now it works. Anyway, I figured I should document the problem
somewhere.

-Ken

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FTP works but SSH does not
    ... The port can be changed on the Connection page of the ... But since Windows doesn't supply an ssh ... If you have access to another ssh client, ... Don't use the Windows telnet. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Troublleshoot SSH
    ... An ssh client wouldn't be likely to be ... speaking the telnet protocol, which goes on port 23 anyway. ... Run "snoop not port 53" on the Solaris machine, then try, then ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Troublleshoot SSH
    ... I have the SSHD daemon running, yet I can not telnet in on port 22 ... using an SSH client (puTTY). ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • telnet into linux from windows XP
    ... Most Linux distributions ship with the telnet daemon ... Try using an SSH client like PuTTY and come in on port ... SSH is considerably more secure than telnet. ...
  • Re: Graphical terminal emulator for Windows->Linux access.
    ... >and password as clear text across the network like telnet does. ... How does one get an ssh client on cygwin. ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)