Re: X Server / Tightvnc tunnells

If you have sshd running on kron, do the following (assuming you want VNC traffic and that it's running on 5900):
1. create a user on it which has port forwarding privileges
2. on grue do: ssh -R 1234:localhost:5900 kron
3. on smeg do: ssh -L 5900:localhost:1234 kron
4. now use your vnc client on smeg and connect to localhost::5900 (yes, you need double columns)
OK this is a port tunnelling thing I'm not seeing how to fix... thanks in advance for taking a gander.

I have two machines behind seperate firewalls, and a third server that both can access.

"grue" and "smeg" are behind different firewalls, and i need to see grue from smeg using a gui type thing. I was trying to do tightvnc and now i'm looking at ssh -Y .

In order to ssh to grue I had to do sit at the computer physically and forward port 22 on it to some arbitrary port on "kron" (my server). Then from smeg I ssh to kronos, then i ssh with -p ??? where the ??? is my arbitrary port. That works lovely.

But now I can't seem to figure out how to forward the ports so i can do tightvnc... Perhaps someone can give me some step by step on what I need to do to get the correct ports forwarded and then how to access those ports so I can get to grue from smeg through kron.

thanks guys I really appreciate it.

For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ssh gives "Permission denied, please try again"
    ... port 22 on your internal machine, so you will need to keep ssh up to ... I configure the router to forward a different external port to 22 on my ... For good measure pick usernames that are none obvious, ... root/password: 163 times ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • [NEWS] SSH service at Dell DRAC4 Denial of Service (Mocana)
    ... SSH service at Dell DRAC4 Denial of Service ... Dell Remote Access Card 4 allows customers to effectively manage ... After the use of such a port scanner, ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Remote Desktop directly to another computer on the network
    ... default port... ... And there is no reason for me to believe that ssh ... When I have a multibillion company I will use the key pair, ... WinSCP for that to access my home SSH server. ...
  • Re: SSH safety
    ... SSH safety (J.L. ... FC3 missing KDE menu items ... I was wondering how safe it is to open the ssh port up to the internet. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: FTPS Server?
    ... port numbers by deep packet inspection. ... client, but the underlying SSH protocol over the network is way, way ... See the chroot configuration in the man-page for sshd_config ... recommend running a separate instance on a separate port (if firewalls ...
    (freebsd-stable)